Website Other Ocean Interactive
Other Ocean Interactive, a well-established video game developer based in Atlantic Canada, is seeking an Accountant to join their creative and talented studio as part of their Finance Team.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include meeting monthly close deadlines for various accounting entities, provide support to the team, adherence to policies and procedures and completion of daily financial tasks. The Senior Accountant also maintains effective internal controls and ensures accounting activities are GAAP compliant, make recommendations to improve accounting processes and systems by the utilization of broad accounting and business knowledge to identify accounting issues and opportunities.
• Provide day to day accounting support
• Participate in and ensure a timely month end close process
• Prepare and review journal entries and monthly account reconciliations
• Support the balance sheet analytics process, including preparing, reviewing, and coordinating
the variance analysis for balance sheet accounts, and additional reporting requirements as
needed for management
• Assisting the Finance team with all accounting related functions including:
Requirements, skills and attributes:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business with a focus in Accounting, ideally candidate is enrolled in CPA
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (ie. Experience with pivot tables, modeling and forecasting)
• Knowledge of Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Prepare and review schedules in support of external year end and other review and audit
• Experience with preparing budgets, forecasts, variance analysis, balance sheets, statement of
earnings and cash flows
• Experience with accounting software (preferably Quickbooks).
• Ability to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines, work independently and be a strong
• Strong attention to detail, reporting presentation, organizational skills, and a desire for
• Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships with remote teams and work collaboratively
Salary is dependent on the education and experience. Submit resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those who have been selected for an interview will be
Closing date: September 14, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.